Leading Tasmanian trainer Scott Brunton is facing charges relating to drugs and firearms.
Brunton, Tasmania’s premiership winner, appeared in court in Hobart this week charged with seven offences but did not enter a plea.
The charges are:
- Possessing a controlled drug which refers to speed
- Using a controlled drug methylamphetamine
- Possessing a thing used for administration of a controlled drug referring to six used ice pipes
- Possessing a firearm when not the holder of a firearm licence of the appropriate category
- Possessing ammunition when not the holder of the appropriate firearm licence
- Possessing a detachable magazine
- Possessing a shortened firearm
Brunton is expected to appear in court again in April.
He has been Tasmania’s premier trainer since 2014/15 and regularly travels horses to the mainland.
The current star of Brunton’s stable at Seven Mile Beach is stakes winner The Inevitable, winner of the $500,000 Silver Eagle in Sydney in October and a contender for the All-Star Mile at Caulfield in March.