2000m, $600,000 Group One set weights for three-year-olds at Rosehill
* Electric Wire won the inaugural Rosehill Guineas in 1910
* The Rosehill Guineas was classified as a principal race until 1979, Kingston Town won the first Group One edition in 1980
* Only three fillies have won
* The Rosehill Guineas is an important lead-up to the ATC Australian Derby (2400m) at Randwick on April 4.
* Seven Rosehill Guineas winners have backed up to win the Australian Derby. Criterion was the last horse to achieve the double in 2014.
* The Rosehill Guineas has been claimed by some of the best up-and-coming stayers to race in Australia recently including The Autumn Sun (2019) It’s A Dundeel (2013) Jimmy Choux (2011) and Eremein (2005).
* Past winners include the iconic Phar Lap (1929), Tulloch (1957), Kingston Town (1980), Sky Heights (1999), Tie The Knot (1998) and Octagonal (1996).
* The race record is shared by Danewin (1995) and Octagonal (1996) who clocked 1:59.99.
WHAT THE KEY PLAYERS ARE SAYING
“His sectionals were the best in the Hobartville and his sectionals were the best again in the Randwick Guineas so I think he’s certainly the best of them” – Mark Newnham, trainer of favourite Shadow Hero.
“I think the horse is going very, very well. He is going as good as he can be and he’s going as good as last preparation” – Castelvecchio’s trainer Richard Litt.
“If he can run top five on Saturday from that gate (13) he’s going to be very, very hard to beat in the Derby over a mile-and-a-half” – Sherwood Forest’s trainer Tony Pike
“He’s a nice progressive horse and will probably be better in six months time but they are only three once so he’s having a go” – Get The Idea’s trainer John Sargent