NSW racing officials are keeping a close watch on conditions around the state with smoke haze in many areas and extreme temperatures forecast.
On Monday, Racing NSW stewards transferred Saturday’ Warwick Farm meeting to Randwick which is expected to be around 10 degrees cooler than the predicted 46 deg in Sydney’s west.
Wednesday’s Randwick meeting will be held in a comfortable 27 deg but things become concerning from Thursday onwards when Hot Weather protocols come into play.
- Wyong (Thursday): Forecast temperature 17-38. (Level 2 Hot Weather Policy)
- Goulburn (Friday): 12-36 (Level 1)
- Lismore (Friday): 15-32
- Randwick (Saturday): 20-36 (Level 1)
- Newcastle (Saturday): 19-38 (Level 2)
- Dubbo (Saturday): 21-45 Doubtful*
- Moruya (Sunday): 14-26
- Taree (Sunday): 20-33
* With a forecast top temperature of 45 degrees for Dubbo on Saturday, the meeting is in doubt.
Racing NSW said with unfavourable forecasts in the region, the meeting would be abandoned if there was so significant change to the predicted conditions.
Smoke haze from bush fires burning around the state has also made air quality dangerous on some days.