Coolmore Keeps All Everest Options Open

Racing Online - Horse Racing News - Australian Horse Racing News - Coolmore Keeps All Everest Options Open

Coolmore is no closer to locking in a runner for its slot in The despite confirming Irish sprinter will be entering quarantine to travel to Australia.

Tom Magnier, Coolmore's Australian principal, said the winner remained at the forefront of discussions for the $14 million sprint but nothing had been set in stone.

One stumbling block is Ten Sovereigns' dislike for wet tracks with trainer Aidan O'Brien scratching the horse from last weekend's at due to the soft conditions.

If was rain-affected come Everest day, it would all but cruel Ten Sovereigns' chances.

Magnier says Coolmore is equally keen to test credentials of , the three-year-old they bought into during the autumn, when he resumes in at on Saturday.

“Obviously we've got Yes Yes Yes running in Sydney this weekend so we're going to watch and see what happens there,” Magnier told Sky Sports Radio.

“But we had to make a decision on whether Ten Sovereigns went into quarantine, so we took the decision to put him in, but we're also going to see what happens with Yes Yes Yes.

“He's gone into quarantine but we haven't locked in our slot yet.”

If Ten Sovereigns doesn't head to The Everest, there are several other major sprint races he could contest should he travel to Australia this spring.

Magnier also revealed Coolmore isn't necessarily committed to running one of their own horses in the slot they hold for the October 19 feature.

He said given the amount of prize money on offer in The Everest, they are open to considering horses from outside their own band of thoroughbreds.

“There are a lot of good horses around at the moment that could be considered for a slot, we're still keeping the options open,” Magnier said.

Leave A Comment