Owner Origin: San Jose, Costa, Rica
Owner: Tony Williams
Bitcoin, Cheque, Money order, Sportsbook transfer
United Kingdom, France, Costa Rica, Australia
DON’T let the aged design fool you, 5Dimes is a leader in the online sports betting industry.
The sportsbook is operated by Tony Williams out of San Jose, Costa Rica and has been in business since 2000. There are no country restrictions at 5Dimes and the wealth of banking options ensures everyone can deposit and withdraw easily.
5Dimes is very popular in the United States and Canada, but a lot of international bettors gravitate towards the licensed brands. 5Dimes isn’t licensed, but the offshore bookie has never had payout complaints in fifteen years.
Your money is as safe at 5Dimes as anywhere else, plus 5Dimes will crush the odds of most European bookmakers.
This is a common question I read online, as 5Dimes offers multiple rewards programs for new players.
When you sign-up and make a deposit, you’ll have the option to accept a $520 free play offer. The free play amount is based on how much your first deposit is. A deposit of $2000 is required to receive the full $520 bonus.
The free play is credited to your account in 10% increments every time you play through your deposit once.
It’s really not a great deal, which is why I recommend not accepting the deposit bonus. If you don’t accept the bonus, your account will automatically be registered for the reduced juice program, which is what you want.
With reduced juice at 5Dimes, a bunch of markets are priced using 10-cent lines (-105/-105), which is a 50% discount on the industry standard pricing (-110/-110). 5Dimes also offers overnight 5-cent pricing on MLB money lines.
5Dimes sportsbook betting guide
When you’re signed into your account at 5Dimes, you’ll notice the backend is very barebones.
I actually like this fact, as I don’t care much for the bells and whistles at most online bookmakers. The available markets are listed on the screen, simply select the box next to the market you want to bet on to open up the odds.
You can select the bet type (IE: straight bet or parlay) from the left of the screen.
Once on the odds screen, you enter the amount you want to bet in the box next to the bet you want to place. Then you click on continue, confirm your wager amount, enter your password and click submit to complete the process.
5Dimes isn’t scared to take action on any sport and they often have very obscure betting markets open.
At the time of writing this review, there are open markets for the World Series of Poker final table, Nathan’s Hot Dog eating contest and whether or not anyone will win the Mega Millions or Powerball lotteries this week.
There’s a racebook at 5Dimes too and everyone can get daily rebates for up to 9% whether you win or lose. There are a lot of US tracks, plus several tracks in the UK, Canada and Ireland are available to bet on from the racebook as well.
Here’s a complete list of the available sports, entertainment and novelty betting markets available at 5Dimes:
- American Football (NFL, College football, High School Football & CFL)
- Ice Hockey (NHL)
- Basketball (NBA, WNBA, College Basketball & International)
- Baseball (MLB, College Baseball & Nippon Professional Baseball)
- Football/Soccer (Bet on soccer action from over 25+ countries)
- Golf (PGA, LPGA, European Tour & Seniors Tour)
- Tennis (ATP, WTA & Challenger)
- Motor Racing (Sprint Cup, Xfinity, F1 & IndyCar)
- Fighting (Boxing, MMA & WWE)
- Water Polo
- Entertainment (Award Shows & Reality TV Shows)
- Politics (US Elections)
Football betting doesn’t get any better than at 5Dimes. It’s not common to find a bookie offering prices on High School games across the country. There are a ton of soccer leagues to bet on as well, although the betting options are limited.
Bettors can wager on the Asian handicap, 1X2 market or over/under for most of the soccer leagues at 5Dimes. You’re not going to find 50+ alternative markets or props. 5Dimes is the best bookie for MLB and UFC bettors as well.
Apart from straight bets, 5Dimes offers multiple other wager types, including parlays, teasers, pleasers, futures, props, if bets, action reverse, open parlays, multi-chance parlays/teasers, progressive teasers/parlays and round robin.
Parlays can have open spots and up to 25 selections, while teasers are available as high as 19 points (NFL), 20 points (Other Football) and 16 points (Basketball). You won’t find many bookies allowing you to place bets like this.
The minimum bet for any market at 5Dimes is $1, the maximum bet amount varies by sport and bet type.
5Dimes also offers office pools and betting contests. Office pools range from $10 to $100 and are always fun. The new betting contest allows active clients to try and build a streak and win prizes by selecting one best bet daily.
Is 5Dimes mobile compatible?
5Dimes has a mobile website (5Dimes.mobi) where you can sign-up for an account, deposit funds into your account and wager on all of the sports listed above. The mobile web-app also has the racebook, casino and mini-games present.
- Visit 5Dimes on any mobile device connected to the Internet through your web browser.
- Sign-up and to 5Dimes and complete your first deposit using one of the methods listed below.
- Start wagering on sports with the best reduced juice offer in the industry.
- The iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones/tablets, Windows devices and Blackberry devices will all work. Basically, as long as your mobile device is connected to the Internet, you’ll be able to access the 5Dimes mobile website.
How to send and receive money at 5Dimes
5Dimes has the most unique banking methods I’ve seen, but it’s out of necessity.
I mentioned earlier that 5Dimes accepts bettors from every country. Many countries try to make it difficult to fund betting accounts online, including the USA, which is why 5Dimes has come up with alternative banking methods.
Here’s a list of the deposit and payout methods at 5Dimes, including any fees.
- Credit Cards (Visa for USA/Canada only): Deposit (No fee)
- Western Union & Money Gram: Deposit (Ask for rate) & Payout (Ask for rate)
- Money Order: Deposit (Ask for rate) & Payout ($80 Fee)
- My Cash Card: Deposit (No fee) & Payout (No fee)
- Amazon Gift Card: Deposit (No fee) & Payout (No fee)
- Walmart Gift Card: Deposit (No fee) & Payout (No fee)
- Neteller: Deposit (No fee) & Payout ($15)
- Skrill: Deposit (No fee) & Payout ($15)
- Bitcoin: Deposit (No fee) & Payout (No fee)
- Linden Dollars: Deposit (No Fee)
- Prepaid Card: Payout ($25 Fee)
- Debit/Credit Card Funs Application: Payout ($15-$40 Fee)
As you can see, you can deposit and receive payouts using Amazon/Walmart gift cards or bitcoin. Linden Dollars can even be used as a deposit method. For those that don’t know, Linden Dollars is the currency used on Second Life.
Contacting 5Dimes customer support
5Dimes customer service is available 24/7, there are both English and Spanish speaking reps. If you have a simple question, you can use the live chat feature. If required they’ll transfer you to the correct department.
Here are the contact details for the 5Dimes Sportsbook:
- Customer Service: 1-800-430-5896
- New Accounts: 1-877-332-7501
- Sports Wagering: 1-800-442-0151
- Horse Wagering: 1-800-761-1253
- Fax: 1-800-559-7417
- Local (Costa Rica): 506-2225-6716
- Email: [email protected]